Monday 24 November 2014

Books, layout and bindings

For this project I have been told to make a book of my drawings of the past projects it can be any of the drawings from my past projects there is no rules really to this one except that it has to be at least six pages long and it can't have any sort of narrative but aside from that it can be any thing any size, colour shape ect.

Book Binding methods

The book has to be made by me so that includes the binding of the pages there are hundreds of different binding methods like spiral bound commonly used on note books.
spiral bound note books














Another method is Thermal tape which is a strip of Thermal tape down the spine of the pages to hold them together. Its used on note pads and other similar things.
Thermal tape bound book

The method I am going to use for mine is called Japanese stab, its a really nice and simple method of binding a book together its done by hand so and all you need is a needle and thread really.
Japanese binding

I also made a zine with just folding and cutting I made a six page zine that only took about 5 minuets so it's cheap and easy to make which makes it affordable as well for both the buyer and the consumer. 

 My zine that I made. I got the instruction from http://www.rookiemag.com/2012/05/how-to-make-a-zine/ 




 I am following a how to guid on how to do this binding to create my book and its really simple and easy to do also its not to time consuming  http://crafts.tutsplus.com/tutorials/bookbinding-fundamentals-basic-stab-binding--craft-10250   .

This is my practice binding it went pretty well I'd be glad to see the final piece the proper finished book. 

Combining to methods having little zines in side of the Japanese stab binded book 

No comments:

Post a Comment